|Dandelion greens are my number one choice for a smoothie green. Not only do they provide a higher amount of calcium and iron than most cultivated greens, they have a wide array of health benefits that make them the perfect all around nutritional boost.|
• Prevent or cure liver diseases, such as hepatitis or jaundices
• Act as a tonic and gentle diuretic to purify your blood,
• Cleanse your system, dissolve kidney stones, and otherwise improve gastro-intestinal health;
• Assist in weight reduction;
• Cleanse your skin and eliminate acne;
• Improve your bowel function, working equally well to relieve both constipation and diarrhoea;
• Prevent or lower high blood pressure;
• Prevent or cure anaemia;
• Lower your serum cholesterol by as much as half;
• Eliminate or drastically reduce acid indigestion and gas build-up by cutting the heaviness of fatty foods;
• Prevent or cure various forms of cancer; prevent or control diabetes mellitus; and at the same time, have no negative side effects and selectively act on only what ails you.
The leaves and roots of the dandelion, or the whole plant, are used fresh or dried in teas, capsules, or extracts. Dandelion leaves are used in salads or as a cooked green, and the flowers are used to make wine.